Friday, December 25, 2009

Fast for cleansing purpose? Sweating a lot?

I am currently 36 hours into a water fast. I prepared by only eating raw fruits and vegetables, drinking juice, and not drinking alcohol for five days. I have been sweating a lot while sleeping. Not just mild perspiration, but waking up three or four times a night and having to towel myself off. Is this natural? I've only been drinking 3 glasses of water a day due to inactivity. How much longer should I keep water fasting? I was considering another 36 hours and then back to juice, fruits, and vegetables.Fast for cleansing purpose? Sweating a lot?
Are you saying that all you're having is 3 glasses of water a day and nothing else?? Did I read that correctly? That's not a water fast; that's starvation! On a water fast, you need to drink copious amounts of water all day long. I think your night sweats are letting you know that your body is seriously distressed. Since you've got so much time invested in this already, I'd end the water portion of your fast and return to the juice, fruits, and veggies. The page below has some information about cleansing/fasting diets. Good luck!!Fast for cleansing purpose? Sweating a lot?
Drink way more water than 3 glasses, especialy if you're sweating that much. Your body is detoxing, and to help it along, it needs lots of fluid to flush the toxins out. I personally like to fast on fresh juices and herbal teas. Good luck! :)
Your body is detoxing. Drink more water it helps flush toxins from your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment