Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Face cleansing routine for 19 / male?

Hello there





I have had problems with mild but persistant (and unsightly and annoying and eurgh) white outbreaks for the past three years and I have tried as many combinations of things as I can afford; no success. I think I have dry skin.





These don't work for me:


Clean and Clear


Witch


Dove 'moisturising' bar soap (proved to be the worst)


Just rinsing face with warm or cold water





I am wondering if I should moisturise and what I should use to do that. I have purchased Cetaphil cleanser and am waiting for the delivery, but cannot find the moisturiser (for UK delivery). When I use lotion, I fear that I am just blocking up pores, but when I leave my skin dry, I assume the body just creates more oil.





Also, if I am to use a flannel/washcloth, is it okay to just handwash it with Dettol or some other disinfectant after I've used it?





Many thanks!Face cleansing routine for 19 / male?
The best way to deal with mild, however recurrent, acne or other skin problems is through everyday cleansing procedures. My dermatologist suggested that I use Cetaphil soap (the bar, not the liquid) every morning and evening. This is to be followed by a then layer of moisturizer. He suggested Cetaphil moisturizer but gave me a sample of an OTC product, Cerave. I tried both and preferred the Cerave. Cerave is an extended-release moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated all day, however, I'm not sure of the cost as I was given a sample. Its also important that you know that oily skin and moisturized skin are not the same thing. Even people with oily skin should use a moisturizer formulated for oily skin. Moisturizers hydrate (with water) and oily skin is the result of too much oil production within the pores. There are some lotions out there that can clog pores, but stick to the ones I mentioned and you'll be fine. And I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to your last question :S

No comments:

Post a Comment